Tuesday, November 18, 2008

3A

3A. Do I agree that teachers have a role in fostering moral excellence in students? Absolutley!! I do believe that it is our job to foster morality, the trouble lies with the follow through. Many of our children’s homes and social environments are less than filled with high moral expectations. Granted everyone has their own versions of which morals are important and to what extent they should be abided by….. Teaching right from wrong within the primary grades is very crucial to children having strong moral values. Which moral and ethical principles should teachers attempt to instill in students? It is my philosophy that some of the main morals should be taught. These main morals in my view include honesty, kindness, empathy, integrity and accountability for ones actions. I truly believe as a parent and a teacher that ones moral values are what makes a great person.

No comments: